|This is not the armored RNA we're talking about.|
This month's highlights include: armored RNA of macaca mulatta, pathways for borrelia burgdorferi-induced inflammation, and the effect of tinted animal cages on circadian rhythms in rats.
A fresh crop of publications, after the jump.
Image source (RIP Clark Duncan, 1957-2012)
Faculty Publications - February 2014
1. Kominiarek MA, Gambala CT, Gao W, Varady K. Leptin levels, body mass index, and gestational age at delivery: A prospective case-control study. Reproductive Sciences. 2013 MAR;20(S3):246A-7A.
2. Monjure CJ, Tatum CD, Panganiban AT, Arainga M, Traina-Dorge V, Marx PA, Jr., et al. Optimization of PCR for quantification of simian immunodeficiency virus genomic RNA in plasma of rhesus macaques (macaca mulatta) using armored RNA. J Med Primatol. 2014 FEB;43(1):31-43. PMID: 24266615
3. Parthasarathy G, Philipp MT. The MEK/ERK pathway is the primary conduit for borrelia burgdorferi-induced inflammation and P53-mediated apoptosis in oligodendrocytes. Apoptosis. 2014 JAN;19(1):76-89.PMID: 24114360
4. Roy CJ, Adams AP, Wang E, Plante K, Gorchakov R, Seymour RL, et al. Chikungunya vaccine candidate is highly attenuated and protects nonhuman primates against telemetrically monitored disease following a single dose. J Infect Dis. 2014 Feb 9. PMID: 24403555
5. Vockley J, Andersson HC, Antshel KM, Braverman NE, Burton BK, Frazier DM, et al. Phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency: Diagnosis and management guideline. Genet Med. 2014 Feb;16(2):188-200. PMID: 24385074
6. Wren MA, Dauchy RT, Hanifin JP, Jablonski MR, Warfield B, Brainard GC, et al. Effect of different spectral transmittances through tinted animal cages on circadian metabolism and physiology in sprague-dawley rats. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. 2014 JAN;53(1):44-51. PMID: 24411779