- NEW Encyclopedia of Biostatistics 2nd ed., 8v, 2005
- Cambridge Historical Dictionary of Disease 2003
- Encyclopedia of Bioterrorism Defense 2005
- Encyclopedia of Public Health 4v, 2002
- Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer 2nd ed., 2v, 2006
- Gale Encyclopedia of Children's Health: Infancy through Adolescence 4v, 2006
- Encyclopedia of Health and Aging 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
The Rudolph Matas Library has many excellent pharmaceutical resources available electronically.
*MD Consult - Search the "Drugs" tab at the main page
*STAT!Ref - Includes DrugPoints System, Litt's Drug Eruption Reference Manual and USP DI Advice for the Patient. You may search multiple sources simultaneously.
*AHFS DRUG INFORMATION - (in R2 Books) AHFS DI is an unbiased source of drug information and includes evidence-based data.
*Goodman & Gilman's Pharmacology - (in AccessMedicine)
* Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs - (in Science Direct)
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
- The following online dictionaries are licensed by Tulane Libraries.
- Credo Reference Covers: More than 150 reference books, such as dictionaries, thesauri, and encyclopedias, from about 30 respected publishers. Medical dictionaries are included.
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary (as part of Stat!Ref) is included under "STAT!Ref Resources". Link to Stat!Ref
- Oxford English dictionary (Online) An authoritative English dictionary providing access to the definitive record of the meaning, history and evolution of words. It includes quotations from a wide range of sources.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
The Task Force, which is supported by AHRQ, is the leading independent panel of experts in prevention and primary care. These recommendations are considered the gold standard for clinical preventive services. The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is the charged with improving the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. AHRQ supports health services research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decisionmaking.
For more information about the Task Force, its methods and other recommendations, go to http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/uspstfix.htm.
Monday, August 6, 2007
- Most frequently cited journals in a field
- Highest impact journals in a field
- Largest journals in a field
Eigenfactor ranks journals similar to how Google ranks websites. This is a non-commercial network-based journal ranking system sponsored by the Bergstrom Lab (Department of Biology, University of Washington).Compare JCR with Eigenfactor. The links to the following pages will help you understand the different services.
Friday, August 3, 2007
Link to Academic medicine, 82(8) August 2007
Issue Contents include: Tulane University School of Medicine / Krane, N Kevin MD (pg. 802-803) -- Baylor College of Medicine's Support of Tulane University School of Medicine Following Hurricane Katrina / Searle, Nancy S. EdD; the Writing Committee (pg. 745-756) -- Surviving Hurricane Katrina: Reconstructing the Educational Enterprise of Tulane University School of Medicine / Krane, N Kevin MD; Kahn, Marc J. MD; Markert, Ronald J. PhD; Whelton, Paul K. MD; Traber, Peter G. MD; Taylor, Ian L. MD, PhD (pg. 763-768) -- Coping with Disaster: Relocating a Residency Program / Conlay, Lydia A. MD, PhD; Searle, Nancy S. EdD; Gitlin, Melvin C. MD (pg. 763-768)
Interlibrary loan service is restricted to current Tulane Health Sciences Center faculty, students, staff, and employees of the Tulane Hospital and Clinic. http://matas-lib.tulane.edu/
Thursday, August 2, 2007
- Medical Students – USMLE Review – All three steps!
- Residents – USMLE Review, Medical Specialty Board Review
- Physicians – Medical Specialty Board Review, perfect for certification or recertification
Users must register and if off-campus authenticate on the Library webpage.