The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has released the following policy statements:
- “Late-preterm” infants: A population at risk
- Patient safety in the pediatric emergency care setting
- Recognizing and responding to medical neglect
- Recommendations for preventive pediatric health care
- Role of schools in combating illicit substance abuse
- Technical report: Diagnosis of HIV-1 infection in children younger than 18 months in the United States
The American College of Physicians (ACP) has released a position paper in Annals of Internal Medicine, (4 Dec 2007), 147(11):792-794 on pay-for-performance principles that promote patient-centered care.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has published a new statement in Circulation, 116(24):2878, on the safety of magnetic resonance imaging in patients with cardiovascular devices.
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) has updated their guidelines on the role of endoscopy in dyspepsia.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has recently published the following:
- Update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in breast cancer
- Clinical practice guideline on the use of epoetin and darbepoetin
- Recommendations for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis and treatment of patients with cancer
- Cancer Care Ontario and American Society of Clinical Oncology adjuvant chemotherapy and adjuvant radiation therapy for stages I-IIIA resectable non-small-cell lung cancer guideline
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated the following:
- Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents
- Recommendations for use of quadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (MCV4) in children 2-10 years
- Updated information regarding antiretroviral agents used as HIV postexposure prophylaxis for occupational HIV exposures
United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) has updated the following recommendations:
Excerpted and edited, from ECRI
Excerpted and edited, from ECRIInstitute, HCS Update. http://hcs.ecri.org/news/
ECRI Institute's Healthcare Standards Directory is available at the Rudolph Matas Medical Library, Ready Reference , W 22 AA1 H42 2007.