Nature Publishing Group (NPG) has introduced an experimental new functionality on nature.com and a beta set of content sharing principles and guidelines that will:
- Enable subscribers to share a read-only version of full-text subscription articles published in 49 journals on nature.com. This includes Nature, the Nature Reviews and Nature Research titles, as well as select academic journals. This sharing is intended for personal, non-commercial use.
- Enable 100+ media outlets and blogs to link to a read-only version of full text-subscription articles.
- Store abstracts, metadata, published journal articles for private use
- Share a read-only hosted "quick view" of a published journal article with anyone for their personal, non-commercial use
- Readers of read-only articles will, for personal and non-commercial purposes, be able to:
- Store abstracts, metadata for private use
- View a read-only version of a published journal article
- Tulane Nature Titles: http://libguides.tulane.edu/content.php?pid=79065&sid=5312728
- Press release from NPG: http://www.nature.com/press_releases/share-nature-content.html